Thursday, April 24, 2008

The end of the road...

I never thought that I could use my ability to play the guitar as a tool to become a better journalist. Shows how much I know!

Recently, I have been finding it difficult to get good, applicable, and most importantly free music to use in my multimedia packages. In order to solve this problem, I have been recording my own music and using that as a way to get around the many copyright laws that I fear as both a journalist and a student. Not only has it been better for me to use, but I no longer have the problem of listening to hundreds of samples only to find that none of them fit. I can now control the pace, tempo, and sound of my music.

Besides the journalistic eases, this has also given me a channel to broadcast my own work. It helps me in both creative and musical aspects and has helped me grow as a musician and writer (both music and words).

I plan on talking more about this as I undertake my next endeavor, a video blog. I have never done a video blog and I hope that this will improve my editing skills as well as be a pleasant change of pace to for readers.

Finally, on a sadder note, my online journalism class will be coming to a close on Thursday night. The reporting and especially multimedia skills I have developed in this class will go a long way in helping me land a job. Until next time...

No comments: