Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bringin' it all back home...

So, here I am in San Francisco. Yesterday, I went out to Point Reyes National Seashore where I was able to catch my first glimpse of the Pacific. It was beautiful. As you can see from these pictures, I visited the lighthouse at Point Reyes and on my way home, stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge for a photo-op. I just wish these pictures could really show the beauty of both Point Reyes and Golden Gate.

Like I said last time, I finally feel like a real journalist. I'm currently sitting in my hotel room, working on my story, and eating pizza. I guess this is what I can expect if I plan on making a career as a writer. To be honest, I can get used to this...being in a new city, with every move I make being a new experience...this is really exciting.

The one thing that has been different for me, and I guess it's like this for all business trips, is getting receipts everywhere I go. I've never been a big fan of them anyway. They usually just remind of unnecessary purchases I've made with money I didn't have. Now, however, the incentive of being reimbursed for meals and travel has made receipts my friends.

Next time, I'll give you some final thoughts on the rest of my trip, and how it was bringing all the pictures and information I gathered back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, so NOW I know why you weren't in class!
Sounds like a great trip.
Safe travels.
Professor Kaufman