Thursday, May 1, 2008

This is the end, my only friend, the end...

For several months now I have been immersed in online journalism. Its broad range of topics, as well as all the new skills I had to learn, made my transition into an online journalist very difficult. In the end, however, the practicality and overall usefulness of all our assignments made the struggle worth it. I know that I will now be able to work in almost any aspect of online reporting. The real question now is whether or not I will be able to keep my skills sharp enough to make a smooth transition into the work force next year.

I have always wanted to write feature stories, which would allow for me to write in a style I am more comfortable with. But after taking this class, I feel that a career as a online reporter may be easier to find, since that seems to be the direction that journalism is going.

The biggest lesson I took from this class was how to work with people. At times it was a struggle to balance my work load with all the group meetings and schedule conflicts I had to deal with. In the end, however, I have produced work that I am proud to show employers. It is work that will helpfully assist me in landing a job, and I need to thank my group partners as well as my teacher. So thanks, and until next time...

No comments: